Mid-week venison sausage roast with balsamic glaze
This is a hearty dish that requires very little preparation. Being tasty and easy makes it an excellent mid-week winter meal.
Serves 4 persons
- 600 gram venison sausages
- 400 gram baby potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 6 carrots
- 1 bulb of garlic
- Olive oil
- 2 tbs good balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbs olive oil for the glaze
- 2 tbs honey or syrup
- Olive oil or butter to serve
1. Heat oven to 200 C (180C fan). Wash potatoes and carrots and cut the tops and tips of the carrots. Cut the potatoes and the carrots in pieces of about 2-3 cm.
Add potatoes and carrots to a pot with water, bring to boil. Let them boil. For 2 minutes and then take them off the heat, but leave them in the water.
2. Peel the onions cut them in half and slice them. Separate the garlic cloves, cut the ends off and peel them.
3. Heat balsamic vinegar, olive oil and honey (or syrup) in a small pot till just before boiling point.
4. Coat the bottom of a roasting tray lightly with olive oil. Add the venison sausages and all the vegetables. Pour over the glaze and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Put the tray in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are golden brown.
6. Drizzle with olive oil or mix with butter and serve with mustard